1.1 NERVE (“we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal data when you visit our website.
2. Information we collect
2.1 We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data, such as your name and title;
- Contact Data, such as your email address and phone number;
- Technical Data, such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data, such as information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Marketing and Communications Data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
2.2 We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature on our website.
2.3 We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How we use your personal data
3.1 We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
3.2 We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you as a new customer;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To improve our website, products and services;
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you;
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
4. How we share your personal data
4.1 We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities;
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
4.2 We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Data retention
5.1 We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
5.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
5.3 By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
5.4 In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
6. Your legal rights
6.1 Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request correction of your personal data;
- The right to request erasure of your personal data;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to request restriction of processing your personal data;
- The right to request transfer of your personal data; and
- The right to withdraw consent.
6.2 If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details provided in section 9 below.
6.3 You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
8. Changes to this privacy notice
8.1 We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.
8.2 It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
9. Contact us
9.1 If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.